Thursday, May 31, 2012

In Like a Lion

[again, I know, a late post!  But I am trying to get caught up!!!]

Me @ the Crab Cracker
Travis, Elizabeth & me
March was one busy month around our house.  Of course there were birthdays to celebrate (Elizabeth turned ONE, Travis turned 28 and I...well let's just say I just celebrated another one).  I'm actually one of those who enjoys a party - pretty much any party - and though I seriously can never remember my age without benefit of a calculator, I still enjoy my birthdays each year.  (I mean really - consider the alternative!)  A couple of years ago a young friend asked me which was my favorite - and I really couldn't pick just one favorite birthday memory.  This year was no different.  As my birthday generally falls during Lent and we typically celebrate on a Friday, it's a great excuse to head out for seafood dinner.  This year we went to the Crab Cracker and it was DEE-LICIOUS!  (Though our waitress didn't seem too impressed with our little guys...and in my completely unbiased opinion, Jackson is pretty darn impressive!")

Michael makes them just right!

Since my birthday falls conveniently near St. Paddy's Day it always give the guys a good excuse (like they actually needed one!) to toast me with an Irish Car Bomb.  (I forego this concoction - I like my teeth too much!)  Michael, our "official" Irish bartender carefully poured the drinks.  What the heck?  I see four there and there are only three guys participating this year.  Not too surprising who claimed the "extra" as you can see that Pete & Gerry were fussing around while Michael was showing them how it was supposed to be done.  (I think Michael is in training for our trip to Ireland next year to celebrate his 70th!)


Go!

Showing 'em how it's done...








Slow pokes!  Where's that extra one?















Jax in the truck
Jax on the slide

We also have visits from the grandsons (now that they reside in the same state this is, happily I say, a much more common occurrence) and Jackson got some time outdoors testing all his "vehicles" (and the jungle gym in the backyard) in the snow.  We were the beneficiaries of some great "boy toys" from one of Gerry's co-workers and the two older grandsons have had quite the time trying them all out.  (This not only includes the outdoor toys but also the most extensive Thomas the Train set I've ever seen outside of an actual store!  We're letting Jax take one or two pieces home with him after each visit - relocating the set to Jenny's house.  I hope she & Travis don't catch on until after the entire trainyard goes!!!)

Grandpa Gerry pushing Jax thru the snow
Jax and the "digger"


Jax and Grandpa and Cooper
Finally bedtime means storytime and here grandpa Gerry is reading to Jax from his new books.  These books are from Hallmark and each comes with it's very own stuffed owner - who responds when it "hears" certain phrases.  They are actually kind of fun and I think the adults spent more time trying to coax a response from the critter than the boys did!






 ~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment