Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Absolutely Perfect!




















There have now been TWENTY-THREE perfect games in major-league history.  And only THREE of them this year!  And I've seen TWO of them...at Safeco!  (Okay the first one, while pretty darn special, involved a loss by the "good guys" so it doesn't count nearly as much.)

On this most gorgeous afternoon I got to see Felix Hernandez, Mariner ace pitcher (and probably headed to the Yankees), throw 12 strikeouts on his way to the First Perfect Game in Mariner History!!!

So to recap my Mariner highlights, I've:
  • Attended the one-game playoff that sent us to the 1995 playoffs
  • Seen the 2001 incredible season of 116 wins
  • Caught a foul ball
  • Unfortunately watched a perfect game tossed against us (by Chicago's Philip Humber in April 2012)
  • AND WITNESSED A PERFECT GAME BY FELIX HERNANDEZ ON AUGUST 15, 2012 AT SAFECO FIELD!
I'm not sure if it gets any better than this!

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment