Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Knock It Off!

I might have mentioned this before, but I really LOVE soup.  Pretty much all kinds of soups.  I love to eat them here or there.  I love to eat them anywhere.  When I'm on a trip (like on a great big ship), or even when I do not roam but rather stay somewhere close to home. 

Now that we've established that (again), let me say that I was really happy to learn that there are some really clever cooks out there who are able to deconstruct (and even better share) their "knock offs" versions of some of my favorite restaurant soups:

This soup is awesome!!!!!! Must try! Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup | http://therecipecritic.com | #recipe #soup #broccoliPanera is a great restaurant specializing in soups, sandwiches, salads.  But what I like about Panera even better is their philosophy of giving back to the community through their Panera Bread Foundation.  To raise awareness of hunger in the US and to help provide meals for those in need, they operation some of their cafes on a pay-what-you-can model - some pay more so that others who have little or nothing can pay less.  It's such a great plan and I like helping them with that project.  One of my favorites there is their Broccoli Cheese Soup.  It's easy, cheesy deliciousness that I can make in no time with very few ingredients:

from The Recipe Critic


Olive Garden is a great place for lunch!  Who can beat their "all the soup, salad and breadsticks" you can eat for less than $10?  And they have some really great soups (which when I can't get to a restaurant I can now make at home):

Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli - A super easy, no-fuss copycat recipe that's wonderfully hearty and comforting, except it tastes 100x better! 
from Damn Delicious
 
 
 
 
 
from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
 
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup





 
from HubPages
 



~later, slurping away, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment