Monday, February 16, 2009

Joining the Blogosphere

Well I'm here.

I'm not exactly sure that I'm going to either like this format or even figure it out but I'm committed to at least giving it a try. (I've also joined Facebook but seriously...I'm finding that a bit confusing and rather underwhelming. Really? A format for finding friends, possibly. But it seems that users spend a great deal of time "buying virtual drinks" and "throwing beads" and adding sentences that begin "Terri is..." - fill in the blank. I'm sure getting the hang of Facebook won't prove too difficult but finding the justification to spend time there is going to take some serious thought!)

Anyway, back to the notion of blogging. Sarah does a great job with her blog, but then she's got a fabulous topic (Mattias) and I anticipate that Jenny will do as great a job once her "topic" arrives this summer.

Me? I figured rather than send out email updates with the continuing adventures of our travels, I would try blogging them instead. Sarah promises that it is easy and very addictive. Hmm...maybe I should be putting together a 12-step program for weaning one's self off of the technology. There's bound to be money in that.

In any event, this is today's entry...I've arrived in the 21st century. Something to look forward to (I know I am!): Panama (and other assorted central American countries).

tw

No comments:

Post a Comment