Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Somebody else has to go!

Since my only 'travels' today were errands to the big city of Redmond, I guess I will use my soapbox to vent my current frustration.

The AP has just reported that Ken Griffey, Jr. is headed to...Atlanta. Not Seattle. Management here tried to entice Jr. - no doubt just to get a few people to commit to season tickets this season. Then, as usual, when it comes right down to it, Howard Lincoln says "no, I don't think we've got any money for free agents this year."

I'm not sure the M's will (or should) have any money for Howard Lincoln this season. While I do recognize that Jr. is no longer the kid we all loved to watch, the one who had them put Nintendo games up on the Diamond Vision while everyone else was working out, he still would have been fun to watch. At least he could serve as a daily reminder of the good ol' days when baseball was fun in Seattle.

Now I'm stuck watching a team that talks a good game but refuses to walk that talk. Another building season...another season with no one in the stands...another disappointment...and I don't even think that spring training games have started. Apparently I will have to once again record my "voodoo voice mail message" - it worked to oust Bill Bavasi. Now I will turn my attention to HL and hope for similiar results!

Stay tuned...I still have "Octo-mom" to vent about!

tw

No comments:

Post a Comment