Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello Kitty!

My sister (Dona) came down from Alaska to getting some sewing done, attend a family reunion of sorts and go thru large rubbermaid tubs of photos (our "inheritance" from our parents which I've been storing since 2004).
This project quickly took over my dining room as we opened up the bins, sorted thru photos and other memorabilia and shared stories and laughs. One late afternoon last week, I looked out the window on our backyard. I saw just the bit of stubby white tail as it went behind some bushes and thought maybe Chris had invited over one of his friends who has dogs. I was about to yell at him to make sure the dogs didn't tip over my precious container garden (why I try this each year is a mystery to both me and my hubby who usually winds up with watering duty!).

Just as I was about to yell, I saw the animal come back from behind the bushes. Not a dog... not a critter we see too often here before (although both Gerry & Chris swear they've seen it before), but certainly the largest bobcat I've ever seen that close up.

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment