Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mutual of Omaha...

...got 'nuthin on the Weilers!

So after photo sorting, Dona and I retreated upstairs to my bedroom (or as we refer to it: Sweat Shop Central!) Dona was over by the windows ironing fabric and she says to me, hey, your bear is back.
So I run downstairs to the dining room window (where the bobcat had been just a few days before) to find Gentle Ben wandering in the backyard by the pond. It looked a lot like our visitor from a few years ago but MUCH BIGGER!

He nibbled on the bushes in the backyard and then headed along the side of the house to find the plum tree, which apparently was much more to his liking. I tiptoed out the front door to snap a few photos but I think we startled each other - I ran into the house and he ran down the driveway to escape each other.

The next afternoon he came back to the other side of the house and discovered our yardwaste/compost bin. No doubt so he wouldn't disturb Chris' sleep, he pulled the bin away from the house before tipping it over. He pulled out all the clippings that Gerry had put in the bin just that morning and dug down until he found the empty ice cream containers. Great! Just what we need - a bear with a sweet tooth!!!

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment