Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas at St. Judes


Yesterday Gerry & I volunteered at St. Judes to serve Pancake Breakfast.  The brunch served was delicious and the Knights work to make the December breakfast a festive one.  In addition to breakfast, I manned the "Cocoa Cart" - complete with all the trimmings (well except for marshmallows.  I couldn't find any little colored marshmallows this year!)  I was a regular cocoa barrista - and even learned how to make mochas!  And though you'd have to look closely at this photo my holiday apron (made by sister Margo) is bedazzled with holiday cheer!
Since Jenny & Travis were visiting for the weekend, they stopped by church for some breakfast before heading back home.  Shay enjoyed a visit with St. Nick but Jax has still yet to be convinced that Santa isn't being misspelled.  (Santa - Satan.  Two guys in red usually offering bribes/treats. Sometimes 2-year-olds can be very perceptive!)  

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment