Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm watching my own blog now...

I have a little routine - each day after Gerry goes out the door, I head to my computer with my teapot and mug and start checking out the latest.  First I check my girls' blogs because I love to see what they (and their boys) are up to.  Then I check out the blogs of our "adopted" kids because they each have a little girl of their own (so I have SIX grandchildren to check up on).  I know these kids are busy with their kids and jobs and life in general (translation = not enough photos/updates for me) but I try to be patient.

I, however, really haven't as much of an excuse for not updating.  I always mean to...but something else seems to come up.  I will try to be better.  (It's like sending Christmas cards - you get lots more if you send them out first!  So I must strive to be a better example for my kids.)

The real telling moment was when I realized that I'm actually watching my own blog these days.  Not to check out the little that I've posted but because I've added The Pioneer Woman Cooks to my list of blogs to watch.  If you're not checking out her recipes, you're really missing something!  And darn her, she's got a new wonderful thing for me to try at least every other day.

So now you know - you don't have far to look.  It's right next to my blog (usually near the top of the list).  Tonight I'm trying her Cauliflower Soup because I've got a head of cauliflower from my "box" that was just looking for a recipe!

~tw

No comments:

Post a Comment