Saturday, June 16, 2012

Still Missing You...

Today marks the one year anniversary of the passing of my great friend, Sandie Amos.  I seriously don't think a single day has gone by that I haven't thought of her, reached for the phone to tell her something, just plain missed her.  The year has gone so quickly - and I still have difficulty believing the reality of it.




While Sandie most definitely loved her boys (and mine as well), she certainly thought of my daughters as hers and, by extension, our grandsons became hers too.

Sandie had an uncanny ability to sense (and avoid) the camera lens.  In order to get her in a photo one had to do so stealthily.  My favorite photo of her, and I believe the last one taken of her, happened at one of our typical large group BBQs and she's holding "our grandson" Magnus. 




I miss you girlfriend!

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment