Thursday, March 28, 2013

Does Your Neighbor Wear Brown???

A genius at Wal-Mart has come up with a new delivery scheme - you order online and they have a store customer deliver the good to you.  Wal-Mart mulls getting customers to deliver packages to online buyers

Hopefully I am not the only who senses just a bit of difficulty with this notion (who is ultimately responsible for the package while "out for delivery"?)  I know they are offering "gas discounts" to the delivery person but I'd want to know exactly how they are "vetting" this person?  What's to stop someone - SOMEONE I WOULDN'T EVER WANT TO KNOW MY ADDRESS let alone where I actually LIVE - from just taking my new merchandise (or worse - I can't even go there!  The possibilities are BEYOND SCARY!!!)

~later, "rethinking my future online purchases at Wal-Mart" tw

No comments:

Post a Comment