Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

I know - I've been neglecting my posting duties.  I was hoping by now that I would have "ta da" photos of the completed kitchen.  You have no idea how much I was hoping that!  I figured we'd have been done WAY before now.  I had all kinds of ideas about how to post it:

We (finally) SPRING FORWARD with our new kitchen!
A MEMORIAL is held (finally) at Weilers' kitchen to remember the old and celebrate the new!
Our new kitchen (finally), like the month of JUNE, IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!
We celebrate the  INDEPENDENCE (finally) of our new kitchen!

Sad to say, we are not quite there (so I'm thinking up my next headline - there really aren't any good holidays between now and Labor Day - oh please, don't let it go that long!)  Actually, we are close - SO VERY CLOSE!  Yesterday, the last of the tiling was accomplished and it's GORGEOUS!!  Tiling was the last of the "big" projects - now it's time to just get a few more things checked off my list and it will be D-O-N-E!

Naturally things are in total disarray here and we rush to "repopulate" (more like "relocate" as in FIND everything!) and get rid of as many boxes before the Swedish delegation arrives on next Friday (I can hardly wait!)

In the meantime, we will celebrate (again - we've already had a couple of get-togethers here.  Fortunately our friends and family are quite used to our chaos and a few boxes here and there doesn't phase them at all!) with not one, but two BBQs (today and on Saturday).  It's a big country and deserves at least two parties!

So wherever you are (and of course we always wish you were here!), we hope you (safely) enjoy a very

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

(and may your fireworks last longer than San Diego's did last year!)

~later, enjoying her independence, tw

PS - I will try to get "ta da" photos soon but the grandsons will all be here for a while so...well, you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment