Friday, November 15, 2013

Singing the Praises

...or at least listening to them!

If you have not discovered Pandora, you should really give yourself a little holiday treat this season!

I love Pandora.  It's free and brings fun FREE music to my computer (or my TV now with DirecTV).  You can "train" it to only play music that you like and throughout the years I have created some really wonderful personal "stations" that I thoroughly enjoy.  Though it is offered for free with commercials, I enjoy listening so much that I willing pay the $37 in order to listen commercial-free all year long. 

Naturally I started by developing a HOLIDAY station (Definite "thumbs up" to Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, and Ella Fitzgerald.  Huge (double actually) "thumbs down" to Elvis' Blue Christmas and oddly Johnny Cash (he really couldn't carry a tune which you don't notice on his country songs but on the Christmas songs where there isn't a lot of backup - it's HORRIBLE!).  Of course there is LOTS of Mannheim Steamroller, Straight No Chaser and the Boston Pops as well.  But through the years, I've also included a "Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons" station to get my 60's fix (after seeing Jersey Boys naturally), a Celtic station to relive our Ireland trip, and a Barry Manilow station - a true guilty pleasure (but sometimes I just want to sing along and for some reason I know all the words to all his songs!)

Give it a try - it's so much fun!

~later, enjoying the music of the season, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment