Monday, September 21, 2009

A plan is formed...

Not so very long ago, a group of friends sat at Las Margaritas having a "send off" dinner to say farewell to Sarah, Fredrik and little Mattias as they were returning to Sweden after a vacation in Redmond. The conversation turned to vacation plans of our own and I explained that we had put our original plans to visit our other daughter and her family in Disney World on hold.

Instead, I announced that I was going to do one (or maybe two) one-day cruises from Seattle to Vancouver, returning via the bus. These trips were really only designed to allow me to "bump up" a level on the "perk" schedule with Princess. My friend Carol quickly said she was up for tagging along. Really? Okay!

Then Sandie & Marne thought it sounded like a great 2 days - were there any cruises on the weekend? I said I would check. Did they really want to go? YES!

By now we were having a great time, discussing all the possibilites and probable costs. It's a pretty affordable 2-day trip - one can easily do it for around $100/person. Not bad for a bit of pampering. But our excitement was finally noticed by the guys in the group - you're not going without me, are you? I'd go!

Pretty soon, it was 8 of us - 4 couples sans kids. When we got home from the restaurant, I sat at my computer to begin scoping things out. Yes, there was a one-day cruise, from Seattle to Vancouver leaving Saturday and returning Sunday. Yes, space was still available in all accommodating categories from Interior cabin to Mini-Suites. The price was extremely affordable but I didn't know what the others might think and I was totally willing to leave it to the others to set the mark. I sent out an email right away - and within an hour I had the first two responses: YES! We're in!!!

The emails flew back and forth - Really? Do we want to have an interior, windowless cabin? Maybe a balcony? Heck, let's get suites! Within 24 hrs. everyone had chimed in - Suites it would be and I called my travel agent to help arrange for 4 mini-suites aboard the Golden Princess sailing from Seattle on Saturday, Sept. 19th.

The adventure of a lifetime was about to begin....

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment