Friday, February 15, 2013

But..But...I'm Not Dead Yet!

[one of my favorites scenes in "Spamalot"]

I've been gathering up all our paperwork to dump on give to our CPA so he could start working on our taxes this week (which partially explains the lack of postings).  Many of our accounts, for which we have statements that generate IRS forms, underwent a conversion process last year.  Part of the switch over involved getting new accounts numbers (which I hate) but what I didn't anticipate is that during the conversion someone (they really can't blame this on the computer!) "coded" me as...DECEASED!

Yes, indeedy - one of the statements we (well I guess that would be just Gerry now) received was one detailing his receipt of a "death distribution" from what was previously known as MY ACCOUNT!  (Which begs the question: why am I working on OUR taxes when apparently Gerry is filing single this year?)

While I am contemplating throwing myself a wake (I'm thinking I might have to wait until after the kitchen remodel is complete and by that time, hopefully, our financial institution will have once again figured out I'M ALIVE!), in the meantime I just wanted to assure you that I am, in fact, very much alive!

~"late"r (but not as "late" as some might think!), tw

No comments:

Post a Comment