Monday, February 18, 2013

International Banana Bread Day...

...is Saturday, February 23rd (according to Susan Wittig Albert, author of the China Bayles' mystery books and the All About Thyme blog) and because I know you'll need time to buy bananas now so they'll be ripe enough to use in banana bread, I'm sharing the most fabulous, perfect every time, Banana Bread recipe (I'd love to be able to credit the original author but can't right now since all my cookbooks are packed and in storage awaiting the completion of our kitchen remodel):

Perfect Banana Bread (every time!)

1 c. Butter or margarine
2 c. Sugar
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking soda
4 c. Flour
6 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. Finely chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add bananas and nuts. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 275° F. for 1 1/2 hrs.


Enjoy the holiday!

~later, still awaiting word of financial resurrection, tw

2 comments:

  1. But you don't add butter or margarine... do you? You use oil. Or, did I miss something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this recipe I do use butter. You're thinking of my cornbread recipe - it calls for butter but I'm usually in such a hurry to get it inthe oven that I use vegetable oil instead. (And I've modified it even more - now I use buttermilk!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete