Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm A Little Teapot...

... no more.

My companion for the past three months - the one who kept me, literally, in hot water (for tea and cup-o-noodles) is now, finally (and hopefully forever), unemployed.

Friday, May 31, 2013, water returned to the kitchen for the first time since February 25th!!!!






WATER!  And the insta-hot to the left
 - hard to demonstrate but take my word for it
 - it works!




Not just running water in a big sink (luxury enough after three months using all things water-related) but also the "insta-hot."  And while I truly can't wait to see my teakettle back on the stove (so that I can once again brew an entire pot of tea in my French-press teapot with my amazingly delicious loose-leaf teas...exactly when did I become such a tea snob?), I must admit that is wonderful to be able to instantly make tea (and much safer as there were times when I would briefly forget that I had plugged in the electric tea kettle).





See the pretty blue "I'm on!" lights?



And also we now can use... THE DISHWASHER!  We ran our first load of dishes yesterday, a whole weekend's worth - at one time!!!  It was a giddy feeling let me tell you!














To celebrate, Gerry dug out the ice tea maker (sadly absent since February 25th as well).  True, quite a few kids at a variety of local restaurants have done an admirable job in keeping Gerry (in particular) in ice tea during construction but he really did enjoy having a pitcher of tea upon completion of weekend outdoor chores.

The end is in sight!

~later, properly hydrated, tw

1 comment: