Friday, May 24, 2013

It's Not All About Me...

Okay, who am I kidding?  It is all about me.  Or maybe just mostly about me.

Because today it's actually about my terrific "twin" niece (we share a birthday...along with Albert Einstein).  Beth has always been a pretty crazy, incredible, crazy (did I already say that?) kiddo.  She's very energetic and passionate and those are only a couple of the qualities I admire about her.

A few years ago (probably whilst looking some milestone birthday in the face) she decided to just "DO" something - to get physically active and in better shape. Being a true multi-tasker (I think she got that from her Gma El) she looked not only for an activity that would be of personal benefit to her but also that would incorporate her philosophy of helping others.

She found this in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and became involved (along with her hubby Matt) in their Team In Training Program.  TNT trains runners, walkers, triathletes, cyclists and hikers who then help fund research by participation in various fundraising events (like the Seattle Rock-n-Roll Marathon that yours truly actually completed in June 2011!  I went to see if I had blogged previously about that accomplishment - what the heck?  How could I have NOT shared that amazingly, incredibly, AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT!!!)

















Uh...yeah, not about me... Anyway, Beth & Matt have participated in numerous events - locally in Anchorage, here in the lower 48 (Seattle, San Diego and San Francisco) and even internationally (Dublin, Ireland!).  Along the way they have raised a lot of money to help fund research for a cure...on behalf of family members, on behalf of friends, and even on behalf of total strangers!

This year they will be running in the Nike Women's Marathon on October 20, 2013 in San Francisco.  Check out their progress towards this year's fundraising goal (and if so inclined, make a donation - no donation is too small!)

Way to go Beth and Matt!  You totally ROCK!!!


~later, your favorite aunt tw

No comments:

Post a Comment