Tuesday, February 3, 2015

National Chocolate Month

Did you know that February is National Chocolate Month?  That seems to make sense what with Valentine's Day and all.  But February 5th (Thursday) also just happens to be World Nutella Day.

Nutella, that chocolately hazelnut spread.  I love seeing the ads with the moms stating how easy it is to give their kids a great start to the morning by spreading that "nutritious" spread on toast and sending their very wired kids out the door.  Teachers must love it.  My daughter says "we have a word for that spread - it's called FROSTING!!!

But the "Swedish contingency" (my other daughter and her family) loves the stuff (I think it's a European thing) and so as a good mother/grandmother I stock up on the stuff when I know they are coming.  And since it's one of those things that is way cheaper to buy at Costco, I have a bunch leftover when they leave.

And that's why I love, Love, LOVE Pinterest!  People are so creative and helpful when I need a recipe (or two...or three) to use up something rather than just pitch it.

So here's a recipe I served during our Super Bowl party and is just the thing for your World Nutella Day Celebration!

 
Three-Ingredient Brownies Recipe : Ree Drummond : Food Network - FoodNetwork.comThey are decadent, they are delicious, they are insanely easy (c'mon - THREE ingredients).  It's actually easier to make than any mix I've ever used!  I was thinking I was going to have to double up this recipe for our gathering (since it says it only makes 9 brownies) but then I read the entire recipe (always a good thing before actually making anything) and realized that it's a 9x13 pan.  That would make 9 REALLY BIG brownies - nobody needs that amount.  And once out of the oven, I could tell they were really, really rich and decadent so we cut them into 24 squares which was the perfect party size.  Enjoy!
 
~later, tw


No comments:

Post a Comment