Friday, March 20, 2009

Only 33 Days Until Cruising!

And then the vacation posts will officially begin...

But until that time, I will continue "practicing" my blogging with emphasis on the "Musings" part (whilst dreaming of the "Travels" content!)

Today, two items of notice that you might not have seen:

  • "Unusual marriage ends in death-by-exercise" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29791289/ Initially I thought this article was going to totally support my belief that one is only granted so many heartbeats in this life and I'm pretty much of the opinion that I don't want to use them all up with exercising (that being said, I'm at 80+ days on my WiiFit!) Turns out this 30-something married a 70-something and then forced him to literally swim himself to death in order to get his inheritance. Whew! That's one way I don't have to worry about going - a) I don't really have anything that Gerry would inherit from me (not that it would take me very long to be exercised to death) and b) it won't work the other way because Gerry's in phenomenal shape (well physically anyway :0) ) and I'd die of old age waiting for him to exercise to death!
  • Those of you looking for new job opportunities given the current economic climate might consider relocating to Rhode Island: "Pole positions: Strip club holds job fair - ‘Foxy Lady’ club in R.I. looks to fill openings in bad economy" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29791612/ The owner is looking to fill 30 positions - bartenders, waitresses (only attractive ones need apply), floor hosts, managers, and disc jockeys. He's hoping that the downturn in economy will make prospective employees less prudish about shedding their clothes to make a buck. I guess it's all in a day's (or in this case night's) work...

tw

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean "well physically anyway"? I still have my mental facilities (sic). Now where are my keys...

    ReplyDelete