Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

Okay I must admit - the news this week has been, to say the least, interesting. I mean I passed on commenting on "Octo-Mom" (that's just too easy a target) and on the guy who tried to propose to his girlfriend by putting the engagement ring in her Wendy's Frosty (in her defense, there's just no way to eat that thing thru a straw!). I haven't even joined in on the latest "A-Rod" bash fest!

But today..."Blaine guard won't say 'please', sprays driver" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533580/

Apparently, the driver is a "frequent flyer" who crosses the border several times per week and in nearly every case, the border guard is courteous. In this particular instance, however, the border guard asked the driver to turn off his engine. When the driver asked him to "say please" first, the guard sensing immediate danger and an international terrorist, grabbed his pepper spray and shot the driver in the face...welcome to America!

This definitely bodes well for the increased trafficking that will occur less than a year from now when all the world is trying to get to/from Canada via "The International PEACE Arch".

We are doomed...

tw

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this one?? I guess I was too busy with the guy that tried to bring A TON of marijuana over the border under a bed of manure in his truck. I can just imagine the border guard... "so exactly WHY do you need to import this manure in to the States?"

    ReplyDelete