Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's the Little Things...

...okay, maybe it's actually NOT the little things (but the bigger, 12 cup variety!)

I know - it's totally crazy but I live in the land of all things coffee and I can't stand the stuff.  And it's more than just a bit annoying to have friends say "let's meet at Starbucks" and I have to have them give me an actual street address so I can plug it into my GPS since I don't have a "favorite."  And to add insult to injury, I don't have a "code" - double this, whipped that, venti, grande, whatever.  (I used to get hot chocolate but they usually make it only lukewarm since they figure I'm ordering for a child.)

And though I can absolutely guarantee it is NOT the caffeine, I do recognize a higher power and accept that I am, in fact, addicted to the stuff.  It is my "go to" drink of choice - I love it cold, I love it hot, I just plain love, love, LOVE it.  And I have discovered that a french-press coffee maker makes the easiest, most fabulous tea using loose-leaf tea (shout out to Murchie's in Canada and to Sarah in Sweden who keep me stocked in the delicious stuff) - which is much preferred versus the teabags (great for convenience but bags are made using the leftover scraps of bits of leaves after the good stuff has been packaged).

I have two such french-presses.  A little one which I suppose is probably a 3-4 cup version (my "starter" pot) and a marvelous 12-cup version.

Last week, during one of his very rarer (and now likely not to be repeated) attempts at doing dishes, my son juggled the large carafe onto the floor.

Reduced to making tea one mug at a time, I have increased my workouts with my many, many trips to the kitchen to brew another...mug.  (Great exercise - I mean sitting at a computer for too long a period of time is supposedly deadly but I figured that was already being taken care of nicely by the number of trips to the bathroom drinking all this tea necessitates.)

Today my replacement carafe was delivered and I am savoring my first full pot of tea.  Heavenly!  (That and the space warmer under my desk in my office!)

It is the little things in life that make me the happiest!

~later, (contentedly sipping my cuppa) tw

No comments:

Post a Comment