Thursday, January 10, 2013

Me & Einstein

Albert Einstein and I have several things in common:  we are both of German ancestry and we were both born on March 14th.  We weren't born in the same year, however, that apparently doesn't matter as much to me as we definitely do NOT share mathematical abilities.

Those who know me know that I have always had a thing about the number "8" - I cannot do any mathematical computations involving the number "8".  I guess then that it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise when I was preparing my January birthday cards for those of you born in January 1984 (Jenny & Derek).  You're probably puzzling over yours since clearly I took 2013 and subtracted 1984 and, as only I could, (you know there is an "8" in there somewhere!) proclaimed you to be 30 years old.  Consider this my "gift" to you - an extra year!

Anyway, since this blog is "all about me," today I'm remembering where I was on a very bright, cold, windy, did I mention COLD day in January 1984.  My OB actually thought January 11th would be better (which was a tad disappointing for me because I had picked January 10th) for the birthday of our middle child (so she should consider herself VERY special as I did get my wish that day!!!) 











As I said, turns out it was only 29 years ago today, so I have an entire year to savor the fact that I am the mother of only one kid who is 30+ years old!

So  Jenny (and her extra year!)  Use it wisely (or not...I mean, it is "extra" after all!)



Happy Birthday Jenny!



~later, your mathematically challenged mom

No comments:

Post a Comment