Saturday, January 19, 2013

What a World!

Dang it anyways - now I'll have to go back to scheduling routine mammograms:  TSA to Remove Controversial X-Ray Scanners Our son, the conspiracy theorist, figures that this was some device designed by the government to collect data from American citizens while having them practice their "submissive" posturing.  I just thought it was a far less awkward and indescribably less painful way to get at least one of my annual chores out of the way.  I always smiled as I went through and requested they forward the results to my doctor (they wouldn't - but what with the new healthcare changes, there was always that hope).

I didn't realize it was the Mouse's memories we were talking about here!
In a (seemingly) non-related story, Disney World announced their plans to Track Visitors with Wireless Wristbands.  These wristbands, equipped with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chips, will act as your "key to the kingdom" linking you access to your hotel room, the parks, your credit cards.  (That coupled with the fact that once you enter "the happiest place on earth" you become one of the most photographed people on the planet thereby giving them an unparalleled database for face recognition doesn't seem the least littlest bit creepy, does it?)

~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment