Tuesday, May 14, 2013

(Almost) Everything...

...and the kitchen sink!

The faucet fixtures were installed:  Faucet & sprayer, soap dispenser and insta-hot (so Gerry can have his tea instantly while I heat mine in my teakettle on the stove).  The soap dispenser is only temporary since we - Todd & I - thought it looked too shiny to really be satin nickel finish like the others.






Lights are starting to appear...and work!  These are the can lights (which like most of this look much better in person - you'll have to trust me on this.  Or better yet - come visit us and check it out for yourself!)

Also, the drawer microwave is in.  Naturally, being very tactile, I like to play with my new toys so Todd hooked it up temporarily to power via an extension cord (the island isn't "live" quite yet).

And finally, Carol and I did what I hope is the final shopping adventure for the kitchen remodel.  Once the beautiful, if previously unseen, countertop was installed it was clear that I would need to make a slight modification of the tile for the backsplash.  We tried, without any real success (and certainly without any warm fuzzy feeling that anyone wanted my money) and I finally thought maybe we should try the place where we got our tile for the fireplace and bathroom remodels a few (okay FIVE - where did that time go?) years ago.  I really had enjoyed shopping at ProSource (it was QUICK and relatively painless because I am NOT a shopping animal by any stretch!) so we headed to Bothell.

Amazingly, it did not take me long.  Carol was convinced we'd be coming home with LOTS of samples since I didn't even have a sample of my granite to go from.  Nope!  I quickly scanned through the options, pulling out the cards of any that looked remotely close.  I saw one (Mannington's Seregenti Slate - BOLD colors), pulled it out and continued to look at a few more cards.  Backtracked to review the slate...continued to peruse a few more cards...backtracked again.  I was convinced - third time the charm and all that.















So I came home with exactly one sample - and it is going to be beautiful.  (Sue, my designer, had also brought me some samples - mostly river rock which I knew was definitely a NO GO - too many nooks and crannies to put behind a sink with a sprayer!)   Todd and I talked at length about how we're (and by we're I mean HE and the TEAM) are going to incorporate the various color tiles to become the back splashes and window trim / wrapping.  (Oh and you can see the pendant light that now hangs over the beverage bar area.)

Another successful shopping outing - I could really get into this.  NOT!

~later, tw








No comments:

Post a Comment