Wednesday, October 23, 2013

In The Bag

Today's tip comes from my son-in-law (Travis).  Even though he's currently deployed, Travis is always on the look out for things that make my daughter's life easier, better, enjoyable (which naturally earns him a rank much higher than "Captain" on my list!).  Amazon is great for this - you can shop from wherever you are and things appear half-a-world away as if by magic.

As I've mentioned before, I like getting my produce delivered.  I look forward to my weekly box and when it arrives I take the time to get it all perfectly situated in the fridge, ready to use.

The only real drawback is that it arrives...well...in a box.  Unless things are small and need to be corralled in a bag of some sort, it pretty much just is in the box.  This is not the way I typically like to store things in the fridge so I've been trying to carefully save and reuse the plastic bags from my increasingly rare trips to the produce aisle of the grocery store.

Now I use these little wonders that I happened to see when visiting Jenny:  Flip and Tumble Reusable Produce Bags.  Travis had seen them on Amazon and thought they would be useful for Jenny.  I totally agree!  They are a lightweight mess material that can be easily tossed in the washer to refresh.  They are a nice size (12" x 14") and are "color-coded" (though I haven't figured out what that would be useful for - I mean, I'm pretty good at figuring out what's in each of them so far).




Another great idea from Travis was this set of Reusable Shopping Tote/Grocery Bags.  These come in a four-pack and in lots of bright colors (I got an assortment of four).  They fold up into themselves and have a carabiner that can easily hook onto purse, backpack or belt loop.  When stuffed into their pocket, it easily fits into YOUR pocket (or purse, backpack, etc.) meaning I always have it with me in my bag instead of stuck out in the car where I'm most likely not going to run out and get it.  It holds a ton (okay not exactly one ton but it does hold at least 25 lbs. which is more than I could easily carry anyway).

Both of these items are fun, inexpensive and incredibly useful.  Thanks, Travis, for these GREAT IDEAS!

~later, loving my new bags, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment