Thursday, April 25, 2013

What a little "deer"!

Though within miles of the bustling metropolis that is Redmond, Washington (by therefore in close proximity of Seattle as well), we are still "country."  Critters of all types make routine appearances on the property.  We've had raccoon, coyotes, mountain lion, rabbits (galore!) and even a bear!  But certainly deer have vastly outnumbered all of these (even the very incredibly prolific bunnies!)

The deer are like pets - I've been known to wander out to them in the yard and try to discourage them from eating the better plants (know what deer like better than roses?  NOTHING!) and they just slowly take a break from their munching to give me a once over.  They pretty much consider our yard to be their personal critter preserve.




This morning, though, I think they've gotten just a tad too complacent.  I caught some movement out of the corner or my eye near our front door and figured one of the workers was coming in.  Turns out there she was...right in the very front yard of the house.















No, I mean RIGHT IN THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE!  Like practically on the sidewalk!






Any closer and she be IN MY HOUSE!  (What will I serve her to go with the dandelions she seems to enjoy?  Do deer like tea?  This is why I get nothing done in a day!)



~later, tw

No comments:

Post a Comment